We are reopening our sanctuary on Sunday, May 31, with services at 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. for in person worship!
We want to assure you that we are taking every precaution to provide a safe and sanitary environment in which we can worship. After careful consideration we believe it’s best for us to hold services only in the sanctuary, so as we ease back into the flow of things, we’ll be keeping the kitchen, free coffee stations, and NextGen ministries closed.
As you know, church will look a little bit different than it did when you last joined us in person. We feel a responsibility to lead our community by showing them how to hold gatherings safely. We take this responsibility seriously and are setting a high standard to provide a spacious, safe, and sanitary environment to worship in. Below are the key points on how church will look a little different for reopening:
- The buildings will be sanitized before and after every service — everything from restrooms, doorknobs, handrails, tables, and even seating.
- There will be no children’s services yet, so please feel free to bring your children to service with you. We will have children’s packets with coloring books and crayons for every child. You may also want to bring a tablet or phone to let them work on during service.
- All services will be approximately one hour in length to accommodate children more easily, to maintain social distancing between services and to allow for thorough sanitation and disinfecting.
- We will observe social distancing on the property at all times, including seating and row spacing in the Sanctuary. Persons from the same household sitting together will help us maximize our seating during this time.
- While we have the world’s best hosts, hostesses and ushers, please allow them to practice social distancing with “air” high fives and waves as they joyously greet you.
- Those serving will be wearing masks and gloves for your comfort. You are welcome to wear your own mask and gloves if you wish, but it is not required.
- There will be hand sanitizer available at all entrances.
- There will be no free coffee available. We want to avoid any area where people can congregate and touch the same things repeatedly.
While we are officially opening our doors for an “in-person” worship experience at our physical location, feel free to come back at your own pace when you are comfortable. If you or anyone in your household has symptoms, we ask that no one in your household attend service. We are encouraging everyone who feels they need to stay home to continue worshipping online. We will continue to stream to our YouTube channel, Facebook page, and website so that you are able to experience an amazing service with us wherever you are! But truth be told, we can’t wait to see your smiling face again!